We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Put the dry ingredients: flour, sugar and salt in the food processor and mix well. Add the diced butter, and after it has integrated well in the flour, add whole eggs, continuing the mixing at a very high speed, resulting in a homogeneous foam, at which point add the extract and orange peel, continue mixing; the composition is placed in a tray greased with butter and lined with flour. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
The cream is prepared as follows: mix the cream cheese with the butter (make sure that the two ingredients have the same temperature); gradually add powdered sugar, juice and orange peel. It's getting cold. Spread the cream over the cold countertop. Cut the top into squares. I got 15 squares. Put half a slice of orange on each one. Let cool for a few hours. Do you think I resisted putting them in the cold; I served myself a portion as soon as I finished them.
Benefits of orange peel
Oranges are juicy and sweet citrus fruits known to have a high content of vitamin C. It is probably less known that orange peels are also rich in several nutrients, including fiber, vitamin C and plant compounds such as polyphenols.
Rich in fiber and vitamin C.
In fact, just 1 tablespoon (6 grams) of orange peel provides 14% of the daily value of vitamin C & # 8211 almost 3 times more than the inner fruit. The same portion also contains about 4 times more fiber.
Maintain heart and stomach health
Studies show that diets rich in vitamin C and fiber benefit heart and digestive health and can protect against certain types of cancer.
Rich in vitamin B and calcium
Orange peel also contains good amounts of provitamin A, folate, riboflavin, thiamine, vitamin B6 and calcium, according to research.
In addition, according to studies, they are rich in plant compounds called polyphenols, which can help prevent and manage many chronic conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, obesity and Alzheimer's disease.
A test tube study found that the total content and activity of polyphenols in orange peel was significantly higher than in real fruit.
Anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer potential
Also, almost 90% of the essential oils in orange peel are composed of limonene, a natural chemical that has been studied for its anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties, including against skin cancer.
Specifically, the wonderful orange peels are a good source of hesperidin polyphenols and polymethoxyflavones (PMF), both of which are being studied for their potential anticancer effects.
Orange, cake with oranges
Put the crumpled sheets in a tray and let them dry overnight.
In a large bowl, mix well the 7 eggs together with 200 g of sugar. When the sugar has melted, add the 200 ml of oil in two tranches and mix.
Add 600 g of Greek yogurt, vanilla essence, baking powder, juice from an orange and continue mixing.
Add 200 g of tea and mix with a spatula.
Break the dry pie sheets into small pieces.
Gradually add the shredded sheets to the compositions. Mix the composition with a spatula until smooth.
Grease a 35X24 cm oven tray well with butter.
Pour the composition into the tray and distribute it evenly.
Decorate with thin slices of orange.
Put the tray in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 50-55 minutes.
In a saucepan put 250 ml of water, the juice of 3 oranges, 250 g of sugar and cinnamon stick. Boil for 6-8 minutes on medium heat, stirring constantly.
Remove the cake from the oven and cut into appropriate slices.
Pour the orange syrup into the pan.
Cover the pan with a chopper and let the cake soak for a few hours.
CONFIDED ORANGE SHELL
We have oranges at hand all year round, and I am a big fan of sweets that contain both fresh citrus peel and candied orange or lemon peel.
They are prepared using the same very simple procedure and at anyone's fingertips, they can be kept cold in a jar together with the resulting syrup or they can be dried for a few hours after which they are placed in a tightly closed box and also last for a while. quite long.
For starters, I remove the white part from the sliced orange peels and keep them for a day or two in a large jar of cold water, changing the water at least two or three times.
Cut them into slightly thinner slices and boil them in two waters for at least 5 -10 minutes.
You will notice how they start to change their matte orange color becoming a little translucent sign that they have scalded enough and softened a little.
Drain the last water, add sugar and 200 ml. water, mix well enough to dissolve the sugar, then leave them on low heat for 10-15 minutes, until a thick syrup is formed.
I take a few slices out of the kettle and put them in caster sugar and leave them to dry for at least two hours, and the rest of the shells are overturned in a jar together with the syrup obtained.
It keeps very well for at least 6 months, but I guarantee you that they won't last that long, especially since the Winter Holidays are coming and they will be the star of many seasonal sweets.
Ingredients for the duck breast recipe with oranges
- The duck :
- - 2 pieces of duck breast (not duck breast, which has very tasty meat, but which is not suitable for restaurant cuisine)
- - 2 thyme twigs
- - Salt
- - Pepper to taste
- Orange sauce:
- - 150ml orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- - 150 g sugar
- - 50 ml white vinegar (best quality)
- - A few slices of orange
- - 3 tablespoons of lard & laquo left & raquo from the duck
- - 50 g Butter
Total preparation time
& ndash Duck chest preparation: 15 minutes + 5-7 minutes rest
& ndash Sauce preparation: 20 minutes
& ndash Sharp knife
& ndash A wooden or plastic bottom, as solid as possible
& ndash Frying pan with a diameter of 25-28 cm
& ndash A small pot (diameter 15-20 cm)
& ndash Wooden / silicone spatula
& ndash Optional: a tray with grill
Preparation for Duck Breast with oranges, classic French recipe
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Until it warms up, you can take care of the duck meat.
Each duck breast is increased diagonally and sprinkled with salt. We never add pepper at this stage, because it will burn and will not give the desired result!
Place the meat in the cold pan (very important!) With the skin down, over medium heat. The fat in the duck will melt slowly. When the skin browns, they will turn. The whole process takes about 5 minutes.
After the meat is browned, move the skin upwards on a grill over a tray, in order to collect all the fat. In the absence of a grill tray, you can use the pan in which the meat was sealed. In this case, the fat that leaked from the meat during sealing must be removed.
Leave in the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes. After this period, the tray is removed and the meat is left to rest for a few minutes (5-7).
Duck breast with oranges, classic French recipe
Caramelize the sugar over medium heat. When the color turns brown-copper, add the vinegar. This sauce is called & laquo gastrique & raquo in French cuisine and is the basis of many sauces. Let it boil for 1-2 minutes, until the vinegar smell disappears.
Add the orange juice and 3 tablespoons of duck lard. Allow the mixture to boil until reduced by half
Add the orange slices and butter and let it mix.
& ndash In the absence of a grill tray, you can improvise one of a pastry grill and a tray of appropriate size
& ndash Use quality ingredients: orange should not be sour, and duck breast should have a proper layer of fat. Today, all major stores offer quality rate chests (Metro, Auchan, Carrefour, Mega Image, etc.). Also, the quality of the vinegar is crucial - a lower quality vinegar will not effectively lose its characteristic odor.
& ndash If you have purchased frozen meat, it must be thawed slowly beforehand (in the refrigerator).
& ndash After removing it from the refrigerator, it is recommended to let the meat reach room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Sudden changes in temperature negatively affect the fiber structure and thus the end result!
& ndash To work efficiently, the sauce can be prepared while the meat is in the oven. The two components (sauce and meat, including rest time) will be finished at the same time.
The recipe and the pictures belong to Marius Giorgian Constantin and he participates in the competition & bdquoThe great autumn contest, with guaranteed prizes, without drawing lots & rdquo. You can find more recipes published by her here.
The average grade given by the jury for this recipe is 10
Recipes with Gina Bradea & raquo Recipes & raquo Duck breast with oranges, classic French recipe
Fluffy muffin recipes with oranges
Nowadays, it's not worth the money to buy muffins from the store. They have too much sugar, poor quality oils and additives. Homemade muffins are healthier. For these two recipes, we chose healthy ingredients, such as natural oils instead of margarine.
Also, we will tell you the secrets to get the perfect dough for muffins. Follow these tips carefully:
- Beat the ingredients well, especially the egg and sugar.
- Mix the flour and baking powder before adding them to the mixture.
- Cool the raw dough before placing it in the oven to create a temperature contrast.
1. Fluffy muffins with oranges and cinnamon
- 3 cups flour (360 g)
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil (100 ml)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup yogurt (125 g)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon (30 g)
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (12 g)
- First, preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Wash the orange well and grate some of the peel. Then squeeze it and put the juice aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the sugar, oil, juice, orange peel, cinnamon and yogurt. Stir well.
- Add the flour and baking powder (already mixed) and beat well until there are no more lumps.
- In order to get the perfect cinnamon and orange muffins, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for at least half an hour. In addition, you can leave it even overnight.
- Then fill 2/3 of the muffin tin with the dough.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top. This way, you will get a crispy and delicious crust.
- Bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes, until the top rises and turns golden brown. You can also insert a toothpick to check that they are fully cooked.
- Take them out of the oven and cool them.
2. Chocolate and orange muffins
- 1/2 cup light olive oil (100 ml)
- 3 cups flour (360 g)
- 1 dark chocolate (100 g)
- 1 orange
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (10 ml)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (12 g)
- First, preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Then wash the orange well and peel it.
- Put the beaten eggs in a bowl with the sugar, olive oil, sliced orange and vanilla. Beat until you get a fine cream.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the mixture and beat until there are no more lumps.
- Then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it cool in the fridge for at least half an hour or as long as you want.
- Then take the mixture out of the fridge and fill 2/3 of the muffin tins.
- Bake the muffins for 15 or 20 minutes, until the countertop grows and they turn golden brown. Check that they are ready by inserting a toothpick. Then take them out and let them cool.
- While they cool, heat the chocolate in a kettle until it melts.
- When the muffins are cold, take them out of the molds and soak them in melted chocolate. You can also sprinkle them with chocolate on top, as if they were given with paint.
- Finally, let them cool in the fridge until the chocolate hardens.
Now you have two delicious recipes for fluffy orange muffins. What do you prefer to add, cinnamon or chocolate? Both options are delicious, soft and fluffy. Try these traditional sweets that the whole family will love!
1. For the dough, mix the egg with the sugar and salt in a bowl. Put the flour on the work table, make a hole in the middle and put the mixture with egg and soft butter (not melted!). Mix until a homogeneous dough is obtained. Then, the tart dough is spread with the rolling pin and placed in a tart form, greased with butter, with a diameter of 22 cm. Prick with a fork and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, the oranges are peeled and white and peeled, sliced. Put in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of liqueur to soak for 15 minutes.
3. The dough form is removed, filled with beans and baked for 25 minutes, during which time the cream is prepared, for which the egg with the sugar is rubbed, flour is added, mixed and then the warm milk is poured. Mix well and put on a high heat when you continue until it becomes thick. Remove from the heat and add the butter and a fourth tablespoon of liqueur. Allow to cool, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove the dough from the mold and place it on the serving platter, fill it with cream and garnish with the oranges marinated in liqueur. Sprinkle with chocolate flakes and leave for 3 hours before serving.