We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Main course
- Stew and casserole
- Mushroom stroganoff
Mushroom stroganoff can often be rich, creamy and high in calories - this version cuts the calories without cutting the taste!
34 people made this
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 350g chestnut mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 125ml plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Heat the oil, then saute the onion for five minutes or until it begins to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and continue cooking until the mushrooms have softened.
- Add the cornflour and stir for a minute or so until the mushroom mixture is evenly coated.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer over a low heat for 5 to 10 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Serve with green beans and wild rice.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (8)
I didn't add the tomato puree, soy sauce or thyme but added french mustard and light philadelphia. It smelt and tasted like a low fat stroganoff - delicious!-09 Mar 2012
Definitely could be better. Shouldn't include cornflour makes it too mushy. Flavour: a bit of paprika would perfect this recipe.-28 Aug 2017
This turned out more like a murky brown tomatoey mushroom sauce. Was quite disappointed, maybe will try without the tomato puree, but wasn't too impressed regardless wonder what I did wrong.-09 Aug 2016